Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- John Wonderlich looked at new transparency policies being implemented for the financial reform law. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal looked at the money the oil and gas industry spent trying to influence state-level ballot initiatives. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul also discussed the lessons learned from the Justice Department’s decision to drop its investigation against former House Majority Leader Tom Delay. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN), a longtime ally of the music industry, was honored by the National Music Publishers Association at a $100,000 event. (Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group)
- A report on Guantanamo Bay is being criticized for insufficiently categorizing detainees. (Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)