Press releases & media from The Open House Project:
- May 8, 2007: Sunlight’s Open House Project Publishes Transparency Recommendations to Strengthen Public Access To Congress
(view Press Conference [ courtesy of PoliticsTV ] )
- A collaborative video by Republican David All and Democrat Philip de Vellis to promote the new report by The Open House Project. Original music used with permission of Barrett W. Jones. May 8, 2007.
- Feb 8, 2007. Sunlight Foundation Announces Open House Project.
Collaborative project, welcomed by Speaker Pelosi, will develop transparency recommendations for House from wide array of experts
- Washington Internet Daily 10/23/07
You may also be interested in a list of endorsements of the project.
Op-eds about the project:
- June 19, 2007. Modern world, ancient websites, in The Hill, by David All and Paul Blumenthal.
- June 12, 2007. Improve databases, in The Hill, by Joshua Tauberer.
- June 5, 2007. Preserving information, in The Hill, by James A. Jacobs.
- May 22, 2007. America needs a transpartisan citizens political movement, in The Washington Examiner, by Mark Tapscott.
- May 21, 2007. More access to committees, in The Hill, by John Wonderlich.
- May 15, 2007. Inexplicable anomaly, in The Hill, by Leslie Harris and Matt Stoller.
- May 9, 2007. Sunlight study sees 10 ways to open the House in The Washington Examiner
- May 9, 2007. Coalition Pushes for Web 2.0 on Capitol Hill, in The Hill, by Kevin Bogardus.
- May 8, 2007. Sunlight to Unveil “Open House” Proposal, in Roll Call, by Elizabeth Brotherton.
- May 8, 2007. New report describes practical steps to open the House, in The Washington Examiner, by Gabriela Schneider and John Wonderlich
- May 8, 2007. No Light in Basement, in The Hill, by Tim La Pira.
- April 30, 2007. Give Bloggers Capitol Access, in The Hill, by Rob Bluey.
- additional press coverage tagged through the Sunlight Foundations’ delicious account.
For media inquiries, please contact:
202-742-1520, ext. 236